The GOTS certified organic cotton we used is sourced from SÖKTAŞ in Turkey.
SÖKTAŞ has a genuine commitment to producing exceptional fabrics with environmental sensitivity and responsible stewardship of the biodiversity of land, soil, air and water. In addition to contributing to eductioan and supporting artistic and cultural activities they are in full compliance with the following international standards:
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Certification
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System
- TS-EN ISO 9001:2008
- OEKO-Tex Standard 100
- Global Organic Standards (GOTS)
- REACH 2011
Read more about their social and sustainability work here.
Bemberg is our preferred lining.
Bemberg, a high-quality brand of cupro produced in Japan, is a regunerated cellulose fiber made from cotton waste. Not only does it provide a luxe silky feel, is breathable, hypoallergenic and is a thermoregulator but it has numerous environmentaly friendly qualities inlcuding:
- Being 100% plant based
- Is biodegradable
- Is produced in a closed loop cycle meaning the waste and water used can be extracted and reused.
- It has a lower ecological footprint compared to other similar materials
- The factory where it is produced generates 40% of their own power from sources such as hydro power generation and biomass power generation. They also aim to have 100% zero emissions – something that is close to being achieved by reducing, recycling and eliminating waste.