Committed to people and planet.
We are committed to being part of the change towards a more thoughtful and responsible fashion industry and actively pursue means to reduce our impact.
Currently this translates to:
- Producing consciously through our Made-to-Order model as well as our small batch runs for our In Stock pieces.
- Working directly with independent machinists and locally owned businesses in New Zealand to ensure transparency and greater presence so that the highest standard of workmanship is met, and the local community supported.
- Every one of our machinists is an integral part of the Florence & Fortitude team. Their skill, expertise, dedication and love for their craft is exceptional and is translated into each piece made. 100% of the team is paid a living wage or in excess of it.
- A focus on high quality materials and deadstock fabric with as many certified and recyclable components as possible.
- A decision not to use materials which have significant impact on animals, human health and the environment. These include: Fur and Angora; Leather; Down or feathers; Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC); Polyurethane (PU).
- Taking steps towards circularity in our design process as well as with our Extended Care and Take Back programmes meaning we can be responsible for the full life cycle of our pieces.
With both a commitment and curiosity to continuously improve our capabilities to produce responsibly and sustainably, we realise that we are just at the beginning of our journey and have a long way to go.
With each collection it is our intention to not only research and learn more about how we can improve what we do but also put into place active steps to achieve our ever evolving goals.
To create change we are however better together – so we invite you to reach out with any suggestions as to how you feel we could improve.
Join us on our journey.